Aelin Improvement Proposals (AELIPs) describe standards for the Aelin platform, including core protocol specifications, client APIs, and contract standards.
- Review AELIP-1.
- Fork the repository by visiting the AELIPs repo and pressing "Fork" in the top right.
- Add your AELIP to your fork of the repository. There is a template AELIP here.
- Submit a Pull Request to Aelin's AELIPs repository.
Your first PR should be a first draft of the final AELIP. It must meet the formatting criteria enforced by the build (largely, correct metadata in the header). An editor will manually review the first PR for a new AELIP and assign it a number before merging it. Make sure you include a
discussions-to header with the URL to a discussion forum or open GitHub issue where people can discuss the AELIP as a whole.
If your AELIP requires images, the image files should be included in a subdirectory of the `assets` folder for that AELIP as follow:
aelips/assets/aelip-X (for aelip X). When linking to an image in the AELIP, use relative links such as
When you believe your AELIP is mature and ready to progress past the
Draft phase, you should reach out to a Aelin Council member on discord by searching members with the "Aelin Council" role or finding them within the #governance channel. The Aelin Council will schedule in a call with the AELIP author to go through the AELIP in more detail.
Once assessed, an AELIP is moved into
Feasibility and a Core Contributor is assigned. The Core Contributor will work with the author to conduct a feasibility study. Once the Author and the Core Contributor are satisfied, an AELIP is moved to
AC Review Pending. Once the Aelin Council has formally reviewed the AELIP during the AELIP presentation they can either move it to a vote or send it back to
Feasability. A vote is conducted within the
aelincouncil.eth snapshot space connected on the snapshot dApp. If a vote by the Aelin Council reaches a super majority, the AELIP is moved to
Approved, otherwise it is
Once the AELIP has been implemented by either the protocol DAO or the AELIP author and relevant parties, the AELIP is assigned the
Implemented status. Community members who successfully reach this stage are entitled to a reward from the Aelin Protocol.
AELIP status terms
- Draft - The initial state of a new AELIP before the Aelin Council and core contributors have assessed it.
- Feasibility - an AELIP that is being assessed for feasability with an assigned Core Contributor
- AC Review Pending - an AELIP that is awaiting a Aelin Council Review after the Author and Core Contributor are satisfied with feasibility
- Vote Pending - an AELIP that is awaiting a vote.
- Approved - an AELIP that has successfully reached a super majority Aelin Council vote in favour.
- Rejected - an AELIP that has failed to reach a supermajority Aelin Council vote in favour.
- Implemented - an AELIP that has been released to main-net.